Review: The Five People You Meet In Heaven

by - July 19, 2016

The Five People You Meet In Heaven The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Like all his other books, I love this one. And yes, I am aware that I got into this one rather late, considering this was one of his earlier books. Mitch has the ability to, I feel, make the reader feel contented and assured by the end of his books. Whether you laughed or cried, at the end of everything, you will feel like you're not alone, and that better days are up ahead.
In this, Eddie, who feels like his life was worthless and boring, dies and goes to heaven. But before he steps foot in actual heaven, he meets 5 people that will teach him something about life.
The message I like most in this story is that although you may feel that your life is worthless, you have had in fact affected someone's lives along the way; even if you never knew it. Good or bad regardless, your actions will unconsciously affect someone in their life. It makes you look back at your life and how you're going about at it, which is another trait of Mitch's books.
You may not relate specifically to the story, but the lessons are general. Everyone can relate to them.
The only thing that I felt didn't really leave an impression was the reason given for the estranged relationship between Eddie and his father. I felt that if you've been bitter about your dad for so many years, an event or two won't change that judgement. Well, at least in my opinion.


View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments