Review: Me Before You

by - March 11, 2016

Me Before You Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh my god. UGH. This book. asalkaskfhajhfasf.
I was expecting there to be a lot of drama throughout the book and a lot of sad weepy moments in between. But NOOOOOOO. It just came in a huge dollop like *FWOMP* towards the end. I don't think I'll be able to see the movie in the cinemas. I'll probably get it for personal viewing alone or something.

There is nothing like good sarcastic statements even better when someone else understands that and throws it back at you. The story was all rather light and fine throughout, but things got really emotionally heavy in the last 2 chapters or so.

I understand Will's predicament, yet I'm incredulous at his decision. I understand Camilla's dilemma, yet I still can't bring myself to quite forgive her for agreeing. I understand Treena's need for the bigger room, but I couldn't stand how she seemed to get her way all the time. And I can't stand Patrick. This story has got my feelings all in a jumbled mess. I felt like screaming at Will myself. I felt like just taking Moyes by the shoulders and just going "WHYYYYYYYYYY??". I feel so frustrated.

But it's such a good book. It really makes you think and wonder, and gives you insight on the different characters and their choices; and their reasons for making them. The reader gets a glimpse of each character's perspective, that I feel that it makes the experience and journey more personal. At the end of it all, it feels as if you knew the characters personally.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments