Review: The Charm Bracelet

by - February 21, 2016

The Charm Bracelet The Charm Bracelet by Melissa Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This review will consist of a bit of a back story, so forgive me for ranting a bit.
As I got to know the characters in the book, I could already figure out the basic ending, and I was right. But there was something so addictive about Hill's writing that made it almost impossible to put the book down.
For some reason, I knew that for the Chinese New Year holidays, I had wanted to read this particular book. Weeks before I went on holiday, somehow, I had this book planned in my head already. For some reason, I had wanted this particular book. I went through the other books I had, but in the end decided on the original book that I had in mind. (It was a conflict between a Nicholas Sparks' piece and The Charm Bracelet.) If I had wanted to, I could've finished in a week, but when I was on holiday, I dragged a bit because I didn't want to finish the book so quickly and not have anything else to read after.
Anyway, though a slightly, typically cliche plot, I must admit the ending surprised me a bit and left me a bit confused about Cristina (without giving too much away). When Karen made such a big deal (for all the wrong reasons too, in my opinion) when Greg quit his job, I didn't really like her starting then.
The moment the ball dropped about who the lost bracelet belongs to, I could pretty much affirm how the story would obviously end, and I was right.
However, Hill's writing style kept me engrossed in every page. I managed to finish the book in a little over 2 weeks, which is good considering the usual time constraints in the remaining of my days after work.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments