Review: The Hunt

by - February 06, 2020

The HuntThe Hunt by Tim Lebbon
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was so disappointing.
I bought this book because the description at the back caught my attention. The part that got me was (as written on the book):

"Chris returns from his morning run to find his wife and children missing and a stranger in his kitchen.
He's told to run.
If he's caught and killed, his family go free. If he escapes, they die."


It had so much potential, but the whole thing was a little too Hunger Games for my liking.
There were several repititions in terms of describing the landmarks, and several grammatical and sentence structure errors that I had to re-read twice before understanding.

I took a few months off from reading this book because I just had no interest in it whatsoever, but didn't want to chuck it aside (just a habit/trait I have) if I could help it. Thankfully, more than halfway through, the story managed to catch my attention enough for me to actually finish it.

And then the ending...
It was almost.. meh. All that supposed buildup only for it to end just like that. If I hadn't known, I wouldn't have guessed that that was it; and thought that there had to be more than this.

Bottom line, not my cup of tea at all.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments