Review: Still Falling

by - April 07, 2019

Still Falling Still Falling by Sheena Wilkinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let me just say: I never expected to feel this attached to Esther & Luke. Just by reading the synopsis, I knew I was probably going to feel something reading it, but... yeah.

Luke has epilepsy, and hates himself. I don't have epilepsy, but I think we've all gone through a phase in life where we just feel like we hate ourselves, or someone made us to feel that way. The voice in Luke's head sounded so familiar to me, and I couldn't help but sympathize with him so much.

Esther comes from a religious Christian family; though she, however, questions the belief and decided to not attend church. Good thing was that her parents didn't really pressure her into keep going to church. Esther feels sheltered, and a bit wary that the kids at school label her as miss goody-two-shoes.

When she and Luke gets together, she's more than aware that she isn't exactly 'in his league' (Aah, there's another relatable feeling). When he turns her away every time she tries to get past 1st base, she starts questioning if he actually fancies her, or if she's just a security blanket of sorts for him. (Hello darkness my old friend~~)

And then the cliche happens in the form of an event that puts their relationship to the test; and of course, from that emerges a new understanding of each other. BUT, as cliche as the plot may be, there are still several pleasant and not-so-pleasant (in the form of a revelation) surprises.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments