Review: The Kill Order

by - February 23, 2017

The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5)The Kill Order by James Dashner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I could've finished this much faster, but I admit I took my own sweet time. =B

If anyone who hadn't bought this series as a set, let me just say this; if you're thinking of getting this book, know that it will not be about the Gladers.

The Kill Order is a prequel to the series, and it tells the tale of a group of people that experienced the Flare when it first arrived. In other words, this story was set years before Thomas and the Maze. Having said that, I feel that this book is 'optional' in the series, if you will. It's like a back story on how the Flare started and how WICKED was formed.

I don't think it would affect much of the trilogy in general even if you don't pick up this book.

That being said though, this is one intense book.

It's what I consider 'light reading', yes, but it's the kind where you can expect a cliffhanger at the end of almost every chapter. The scenes with the infected reminded me of the finale in The Girl with All the Gifts.

The final showdown for The Kill Order had me completely immersed, and I could feel the urgency; feel my heart pounding as I hastily scanned through the pages, eager to find out how this one ends.

There ARE little mentions of some of the Gladers (though I won't say who), but only in the prologue & epilogue.

If you want to find out how the pandemic started, then by all means get this book and fill in the plot holes. Otherwise, you can rest assured that you won't miss much.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments