Review: Unfed

by - August 18, 2016

Unfed Unfed by Kirsty McKay
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I admit, I would have probably been able to finish this in a seating or two, but I grew a bit lazy.

Truth is, this isn't some Stephen King novel. I think that's pretty obvious. It's more targeted for the preteen/YA demographics, in my opinion, so I would say that this is a light read.

The story overall is okay, though I admit the finale was good. Otherwise, I think the story moved in just about the right pace.
I hadn't read the previous book ('Unfed' was the sequel) , so there were certain parts that left a blank; but nothing too bad.
Some words that the kids used were too 'bimbo-ish' for my liking, and Alice annoyed me to no end. Personally, I would have let her die. Lol. Her character seemed to be like the typical spoilt-rich-kid, and even when she tried to be sarcastic, it was a poor attempt.

So yeah, I'd call this a light-reading zombie novel. If you're looking for an easy read that packs a decent punch, this book is it.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments