Review: The Year I Met You

by - December 19, 2015

The Year I Met You The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book has a light plot, and was another of those kind of books where I just could not put down once I picked it up. I found myself yearning for free time throughout, where I would be able to pick up the book to read. So as to make this review spoiler-free, I'll be subtle when referring to certain things.
I must admit that throughout the story, I suspected that Jasmine would end up with one of the two guys. I knew she wouldn't get with Kevin, seeing as how she had been so uncomfortable by the incident years ago. I was right, and I thought that her relationship with her neighbour ended up being really sweet. I should also admit that the description given for Monday had completely thrown off my initial image of him. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you. Just that it was rather very different from what I had in mind.
I admit that Matt pissed me off almost as much as he did Jasmine, and as the story progressed, her opinion of him mirrored mine. I also loved how protective she was of her older sister Heather, and how much Jasmine loved her. In about a quarter in the story, you'll learn why.

All in all, I really liked this story, just like I've loved Cecelia's other books.

You May Also Like

0 comments