Review: Asylum

by - December 15, 2014

Asylum (Asylum, #1)Asylum by Madeleine Roux
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The book was nice, I'll give you that. Sure, it has its 'OMG!' moments, but this book makes for almost a light read. I was surprised at myself that I took this quick to finish this book.

The adventures of the protagonists didn't go as deep as I thought it would, and Brookline's history was not completely revealed either (intentionally or not, I'm not sure). There were a lot of loose ends still surrounding the mystery of the sanitarium that Madeleine has also not covered in this book.

Also, the climax of the story wasn't really... well, climax-y. It ended a bit too easily and quick if you ask me. However at the end of the book, Madeleine proves that there will be more to come.

Let's hope that all loose ties will finally come together in her sequel, Sanctum.

You May Also Like

0 comments