Review: Spooky Tales: True Cases Of Paranormal Investigation In Singapore

by - April 27, 2013


Spooky Tales: True Cases Of Paranormal Investigation In Singapore
Spooky Tales: True Cases Of Paranormal Investigation In Singapore by Kenny Fong

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



To be honest, the first few stories left me skeptical. This book was written by Kenny Fong of SPI (Singapore Paranormal Investigators), and in the first few stories, he had managed to prove that it wasn't paranormal activity.

I guess in a way, it was a little refreshing that Kenny approached these cases with an open mind; that it could or could not be other-worldly.

About halfway through the book, it started to get interesting. I think the creepiest of all was The Devil's Face in the Old Commando Barracks. I got so immersed in and creeped out at the story that as I was reading it in a quiet room, the sudden sound of the room door opening made me jump and sent my heart racing. Lol

Probably the most interesting story was Secrets of the Shinto Shrine in the MacRitchie Reservoir. I admit that I even looked up Amatsu Tatara, as was mentioned by the author's Japanese friend, Ki.

I had originally wanted to start reading yesterday, but all the smaller books that I had bought were mostly ghost/horror stories and I didn't think it wise to read them at night, judging by how over-active my imagination can be at night. =p And thankfully so, because I would have probably been too 'haunted' by that Devil's Face story to go to sleep.



View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments