Review: Pied Piper

by - July 24, 2013


Pied Piper
Pied Piper by Debbie Viguié

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was more of a 'light reading' for me, and it didn't disappoint. It kinda reminded me of the times when I read the Mary-Kate & Ashley Mystery books. This book will be a little hard to review without spoilers though; but I'll try my best, because I want it to sound suspenseful without giving too much of it away. ;)

The first half of the book was fairly normal. It made me miss the TV series, though. It was one of my favourite shows. =/ (That and I have been interested in witchcraft since middle school.)
What I really mean by 'light reading' was that the book had no bombastic or difficult-to-read words; nothing a regular reader wouldn't understand, and even non-fans of the shows would understand what the story was about without loopholes in it.

From the off, I already had my suspicions on who the 'demon' was. And at the end, I was proved right. But I DID have a moment of pleasant surprise and shock at a little revelation at the end after the demon was vanquished. I never saw that coming. ;p Maybe it was because I was never one to spot connections straightaway, but yeah. =p

Also, I found that this demon was vanquished too easily. I wouldn't say that the pieces fell together too fast, because I wouldn't like it if they dragged the drama either.

I tried searching for this episode on YouTube, but couldn't find it. If anyone knows where I can find it, that would be great! ^^



You May Also Like

0 comments