Review: You in Five Acts

by - March 20, 2019

You in Five ActsYou in Five Acts by Una LaMarche
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

FINALLY, I found a book about the dance world (Ballet, to be specific) that isn’t too cliched. This book reminds me of a paperback version of something like Dance Academy.

Not too Center Stage-y, the story revolves around 5 friends (Joy, Diego, Liv, Ethan & Dave) and their road to the final Showcase of Janus Academy. As expected, drama and love ensues.

What I really liked about this was that it was all very light. Make no mistake though, this story deals with some important and serious issues; enough to make the reader understand the severity of what goes on, but not too much that it would confuse someone who is unfamiliar with the issue.

Nothing was dragged out longer than it should, or overplayed/over-dramatised. The characters are all relatable in some way, which makes things almost seem somewhat familiar, and in my opinion, able to pull the reader into their world.

Non-competitive dancers, if you are ever looking for a decent story that revolves around Ballet that isn’t kiddish or corny, this is it.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments