Review: Sleeping Beauties

by - February 24, 2018

Sleeping Beauties Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've read several books by Stephen King, and I'd like to think that I could ascertain which was written in his style and which was written in Owen's style. Still, I think they blend together pretty damn well.

The element of amazing storytelling that Stephen is so famous for is prominent in this book too, though I'm unable to say the same for Owen as I've never read any of his books.

It has a good theme/plot: What would happen if, one day, all women disappeared from earth? How would the men cope on their own? There are things/reactions that you would expect from men, but what intrigued me was Evie.
As with all Stephen King's books, this has a supernatural element in it too. One day Evie appears, women start being encompassed in cocoons when they fall asleep, and removing those webs would cause chaos. Naturally, Evie becomes famous faster than Trump can say 'Fuck her right in the pussy'.
She's the only woman that can sleep and wake up without being in a cocoon, and she seems to know everything about everyone, and how things were going to end up. And what's up with that huge tree??

This deserves a nod for character development too, because one particular character that I originally felt really annoyed at, turned out to be not so bad after all. (Situations change people, as we all know.) Though one character, whom I grew to despise, met his fitting fate, I think, because that leopard never changed his stripes, and stuck with his mentality through and through.

I love this book; as I do with almost all of Stephen King's other books. I love the suspense, the addictive events, the whole shebang. What can I say? I'm a fan.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments