Review: The Dark Half

by - January 07, 2018

The Dark Half The Dark Half by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As with all of King’s books, they have a way of sucking you in to it’s stories. I like this one (as I do most of his books, actually), and something about it sticks with me the way Doctor Sleep did.

The Dark Half dabbles with topics of the paranormal, as with most of his books. In this case, the ‘person’ in question, George Stark, really ‘isn’t a nice guy’. Apparently writer Thaddeus Beaumont’s ‘evil twin’, Stark does everything in his power to become real, take over Thad, and rule his life. Kinda like a creepy osmosis.

I don’t think I have to tell you, and I think that it would not technically classify as a ‘spoiler’, but of course good trumps over evil, and George Stark is thwarted (obvs). It was a nice touch though, I think, on how King writes out Stark’s eventual (and well-deserved) end. Stark’s weakness, which he himself had been oblivious about for the most part, had been very satisfying to read about; especially since Stark was the cold-blooded, bloody killer that he is. Of course it was nice to read about how THE feared George Stark had a weakness in which he himself had not been aware of. Makes the offing more satisfying eh?

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments