Review: Another Piece of My Heart

by - July 21, 2017

Another Piece of My HeartAnother Piece of My Heart by Jane Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Honestly, I felt pulled towards this book from the synopsis at the back. But nothing, I repeat, nothing, would prepare me to love the book as much as I did.

I started out slow; reading at a leisurely pace. Plus I had been on holiday at that time. But then, before I knew it, I was halfway through. Really, I didn't even realise it.

This book spoke about (for lack of better word) issues that I myself have either went through, or have been thinking about. Green wrote so beautifully that I felt every emotion of the characters: the frustration, the anger, the tears. Certain scenes were so intense that I teared up purely because the scene was so heartfelt. It was amazing that it wasn't based on a true story, because everything was so descriptive.

I felt emotionally tired just reading about Emily, and I really felt Andi's frustration. As I had like a quarter of the book left to go, I thought I had a rough idea on how the story might end, and then Emily dropped a bombshell and left me wondering how on earth this problem could be solved in such limited pages left.

To be honest it was a relief when I read how the problem was dealt with; proving that all hope was not lost after all. I really felt this book, and it spoke to me on a personal level. This is the first of Green's books that I've picked up, but after this, it's making me want to check out her books too.

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments