Review: Eleanor & Park

by - April 23, 2016

Eleanor & Park Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I loved most about this book is how 'bite-sized' the story is. It constantly goes forth between third-person perspectives of Eleanor & Park, so it makes this book a very easy read. Unlike some books in which third-person perspectives seem all over the place and a bit confusing to get your head around on who's talking, Rowell does an amazing job.
She describes the young love of Eleanor and Park with great accuracy; yet at the same time making Eleanor wise beyond her years due to her experiences. And then there's Park, who's well off enough to warrant the attention of popular kids, yet doesn't exactly fit into that clique.
You can't help but feel emotionally attached to the book; even if the main storyline is no different from your average teenage love story. I actually found myself yearning to get back from work as early as I could just so I could read it.
Without giving too much away, this story also teaches you to be thankful for what you have. At least I think so.
Did I love this book? Yes. I was told that fans of this book were split into 2: Pro Eleanor & not, and though I do admit that she can be the tiniest bit annoying sometimes, you can't help but give her the benefit of the doubt, given her situation.
I normally sort of plan out which book I'd like to read next as I'm getting towards the end of a book, but this one came on impulse because a good friend of mine insisted that I read this book; then proceeded to buy and send it to me.
No regrets though. Thanks Satthiya! ;)

View all my reviews

You May Also Like

0 comments