Review: Bird Box

by - August 16, 2015

Bird Box Bird Box by Josh Malerman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book, in my entire reading experience, that I went so far into the chapters in one sitting. Yes, even more so than I did for the Harry Potter series. (Then again, HP had waaay more pages than this, so...)
Anyways, I can always tell the quality of a thriller/horror story by how easily other (regular) sounds in my room are able to make me jump while reading. In this case, my text message tone made me very literally jump out of my skin at one point of reading. At the back of the book, Hugh Howey says that the book 'demands to be read in a single sitting', and I couldn't agree more. Had I more hours when I first started the book, I'd have probably finished it in one sitting.
The only thing that I was a bit disappointed with about this book was that it was not revealed what the 'creature' was, or why people went mad and killed themselves when they saw it. I had been dying to know what it was, and why it had the reaction it had to people, and even animals. Other than that, this book has brilliant creep and suspense factor.
Now allow me to excuse myself as I search to find out if there were any Easter Eggs that I had failed to notice in the book, or if I had been that dumb to not catch on about what kind of 'creatures' these things are.

You May Also Like

0 comments