My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult

by - June 10, 2013

My Sister's KeeperMy Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of the main things I LOVE about Jodi is the way she describes the situations in her story, especially the court cases. You can definitely tell that she's done her research and knows her stuff; it's almost as if she had practiced law herself!

My Sister's Keeper is a touching novel that puts forth the question: How far would you go for the ones you love? And how much would be too much?

Throughout the entire book, I imagined myself in Anna's shoes. Somehow, though, Sara rubbed me off the wrong way a bit. I mean, I understand that she wants to keep Kate alive, but it seems as if she's being very biased. Sometimes, it even feels like Sara only thinks that Anna is conceived to keep Kate alive, nothing more. But that could just be my brain thinking.

I admired how Kate held it together all these years; what with transplants and operations and whatnot. The ending is a twist, a twist that I NEVER saw coming at all.

After finishing the book, I asked myself again what I would do if I was in Anna's position.

Would I be willing to be a scapegoat to keep my sister alive? Would I be willing to go through painful bone marrow transplants and blood transfusions; knowing the fact that I have a low threshold for pain, for as long as I had to to keep my sister alive?

The answer comes almost immediately and without a doubt:

YES.



You May Also Like

0 comments